Treatment II: A 32-hour course on the Infact School outpatient treatment part II. LEARN BY PARTICIPATION!
Here we explore the reality of what more advanced treatment can look like. We will observe and follow an outpatient treatment workbook, exploring seminar setups and inpatient options. This is the third course for certification as a Certified Food Addiction Professional, and Infact alums can do this course for further development.
- Treatment II: Dates for 2024 term: Times: 10 am-2 pm EST; Friday and Saturday, January 12 and 13, and then Saturday´s 20, 27, February 3, 10, 17, 24.
In this course, we continue with an abstinence plan for each participant and introduced daily support with the food plan and check-ins. This course teaches about the Biological part of the disease (abstinence) but mostly we will address the personality changes that happen as a consequence to food addiction. Students will learn by participation.
Topics will be explored through a variety of teaching/learning methods, including:
- Following abstinence and a more advanced treatment plan
- Group work
- Assigned readings
- Support partnerships
- Lecture and discussion
After this course, students will:
- Have experienced abstinence from food addiction.
- Have a deeper understanding of denial and the personality change that happens for food addicts.
- Be introduced to the treatment protocol for addiction treatment.
This class is participatory and consistent with the overall themes of critical adult education. It is based on exchanging knowledge, experience, and skills among students and instructors. Active participation of students is vital to the successful completion of this course.
Pre-Class Assignments: Reading material: The Infact Workbook for outpatient treatment by Esther H.G. MSc., The Big Book, Your Personal Food Plan Guide by H. Theresa Wright MS, RD, LDN, The Acorn Food Plan by Phil Werdell et.al.