The INFACT Certified Food Addiction Professional (CFAP) certification course was patterned after the European Certification Board’s (ECB’s) Alcohol and Drug Counselor curriculum, beginning with their requirements and examination for Alcohol and Drug Counselor certification. With the ECB’s oversight and approval, INFACT’s curriculum, course work, and examination have been significantly adapted to meet the unique requirements identified in the ECB’s detailed CFAP job analysis.
Requirements for certification of ECFAP (Food Addiction Professional):
- Work experience: 6.000 hours of supervised work experience specific to food addiction treatment. University degrees in behavioral science substitute hours: Bachelor 2.000 hours, Master 4.000 hours.
- Education: 270 hours (150 from schools approved by ECB), at least 6 for counselor ethics.
- Supervision: 300 hours specific to 12 core domains, ten minimum for each domain.
- Examination: Pass the relevant tests approved by ECB.
- Code of ethics: Sign an ethics statement.
- Recertification: 40 hours of continuing education every two years.