Dr. Lerner is the founder and CEO of the Milestones in Recovery’s Eating Disorder Program located in Cooper City, Florida. A graduate of Nova Southeastern University, Dr. Lerner is a licensed and board certified clinical psychologist who has specialized in the treatment of eating disorders since 1980.
He has appeared on numerous national television and radio programs that include The NPR Report, 20/20, Discovery Health, and ABC’s Nightline as well authored several publications related to eating disorders in the professional literature, national magazines, and newspapers including USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Miami Herald, Orlando and Hollywood Sun Sentinels.
– American Psychological Association [APA]
– Florida Psychological Association [FPA]
– National Eating Disorders Association [NEDA]
– National Association for Anorexia and Associated Disorders [ANAD]
– Binge Eating Disorders Association [BEDA]
– National Association for Anorexia and Bulimia [ABA]
– Florida Medical Professional Group [FMPG]
– National Association of Cognitive Therapists
– International Association of Eating Disorder Therapists [IADEP]
Prior and Current Affiliations:
– Founder and director of Pathways Eating Disorders Program [1987-1994]
– Clinical Director, Eating Disorders Unit at Glenbeigh Hospital, Miami, Fla. [1988-1990]
– Clinical Director, Eating Disorders Unit at Humana Hospital Biscayne, Miami, Fla. [1982-1987]
– Founder and CEO, Milestones In Recovery’s Eating Disorders Program, Cooper City, Fla. [1999- current]
– Florida Physicians Resource Network [2005-current]
You must be logged in to post a comment.